High-speed data transmission in today’s global mobile communications networks demands high efficiency of network infrastructure. Passive Intermodulation (PIM) in a network can cause serious interferences and significantly degrade the network quality and impact KPI figures.
The cause of Passive Intermodulation is very complex and uncertain. It can be caused by low-grade transmission line components or even loose connectors, dirty surfaces, magnetic materials or the surrounding environment like a rusty roof. As a global leader of RF connectivity solutions, Rosenberger has a strong expertise in manufacturing low-PIM components as well as PIM Test and Measurement solutions for all applications:
- Site testing
- Testing in production environment
- Test lab and product design environment
Reduce Test Time and Connection Cycles
Rosenberger provides the answer with an innovative multi-port, multi-frequency PIM testing solution, ensuring precision testing while maximizing on time savings and ROI.
- Modular design
- Multiple base units and filters
- Combiner unit
- Direct connection to DUT via PIM test cable and quick-lock adapter
Example of a high-band test configuration:
- 1 connection towards DUT on 4 high-band ports
- PIM test 4 high-band ports, 3 different bands simultaneously in one connection
- Overall test time ~ 30 seconds in sweep mode (PIM test including cable connection)
- Reduce test time and connection cycles
- Improve testing efficiency
- Optimize utilization of test equipment (totex)
- Reduce complexity of test setup
- Minimal cabling required
- Easily expandable
- Capex and opex savings
Reliable Classification and Detection of External PIM
The versatile Rosenberger 2-port PIM testing solution combines the functionality of a traditional one port test system with a new 2-port test system to distinguish internal PIM-sources from external PIM-sources.
- One port: same power of f1 and f2 at PIM-source. If PIM is found, source can be internal (transmission path) or external (beyond antenna).
- Two ports: f1 to Antenna 1, f2 to Antenna 2. No PIM on transmission path possible. If PIM is found, it must be external.
Furthermore the additional RX port on the 2 port filter unit enables the built-in receiver. In combination with a PIM hunting probe it is possible to detect external PIM-sources around the antennas. With this integrated solution an additional spectrum analyzer to operate the PIM hunting probe is not needed.
- PIM test under typical scenarios (e.g. 2 antennas using different wavebands)
- Configurable menu (1 or 2 port measurement)
- Clearly differentiate internal from external PIM
- Additional RX port for connection of test probe for external PIM detection
- Integrated DTF module
- No separate spectrum analyzer needed
- Adjustable PIM level beep tone via bluetooth speaker or remote tablet
Standard accessory kit included with delivery of every new unit
No matter which model, there is some basic accessories which we deliver with every new unit. Some of the content is equipment type or country specific (e.g. power plug, manual) please see data sheet to find out which one is suitable to your application.
Accessory kit for Production/Lab testing
This optionally available accessory kit with low PIM components includes adaptors, test cables and tools frequently used and needed in production and lab environment.
- Datasheet "Accessory Kit Production" (Rosenberger No. 99Z111-100)
- Also available including a Low PIM termination for 19" rack mount: Datasheet (Rosenberger No. 99Z111-101)
Accessory kit for Site testing
This optionally available accessory kit is optimized for field use and includes most frequently used adaptors, test cables, tools as well as a low pim termination.
Rosenberger Passive Intermodulation Analyzers are provided with a 12 months warranty. To ensure highest precision of measurements, we recommend a factory calibration interval of 12 months. In-house calibration & repair service is optionally available. If you wish to send back a unit for factory calibration or repair, for smooth transaction please find handling information in our fact sheet or simply contact us.
To get the latest Software & Firmware for the units IM-A-BU-xxxx, IM-B-BU-xxxx, IM-R-BU-xxxx, IM-A-ACSRY-Tablet please register here via eMail.
Director Product Management
Rosenberger Hochfrequenztechnik GmbH & Co. KG
Phone: +49 8684 18-0