is a homogeneous impedance-controlled interconnect system which directly addresses the high-speed data, low-voltage requirements of real-time automotive industry applications. Extremely compact and durable this 100 Ohm fully shielded interconnect system utilizes shielded twisted quad cables and features mechanical keying and latching for high connection retention, as well as coding to avoid misuse. Furthermore, these precision manufactured RosenbergerHSD® SF variants are ideally suited for process-safe and fully automated assembly by harness makers, facilitating a significant reduction in costs.
Its high data throughput performance while also preventing interference from crosstalk and external sources makes the RosenbergerHSD® cable and PCB connector system the perfect choice for LVDS cameras, USB connections, Ethernet (IEEE 802.3) and Firewire (IEEE 1394) applications. In addition, it is well-suited to many other applications including those found in digital infotainment electronics and digital symmetrical networks – even radio base stations.
RosenbergerHSD®+2, +4, +8
power pin connectors – further variants with additional pins (MQS contacts) for power supply purposes. Power over HSD (PoH) is a concept for remote power supply, for example, to displays, cameras or similar devices. In addition to the data signal DC is transmitted on separate conductors in order to supply the terminal device with power.
connectors using just one data pair, they are available in two versions to suit shielded as well as unshielded twisted pair cables. Featuring the well-known piece parts of the standard RosenbergerHSD® system they are very costefficient high-speed data connectors. Therewith there is now the possibility to introduce e.g. unscreened automotive Ethernet in cars based on 0.14 mm² (AWG26) cables with backward compatibility towards the screened RosenbergerHSD®t system.
- RosenbergerHSD® – single, double (8 mm, 12.7 mm) and waterproof types for shielded twisted-quad cables
- RosenbergerHSD®+2, +4, +8 – shielded variants with additional power pins (MQS) for power supply purposes
- RosenbergerHSD®t – two data pins only for shielded and unshielded twisted-pair cables
- Cable connectors (straight, right angle)
- PCB connectors (pin-in-paste soldering, SMD)
- Panel connectors
- Standardized housings (single, double)
- Cable assemblies
- Calibration kits & measurement equipment
- Adaptors and accessories
- Tools & Tool kits
- Waterproof versions
- Customized solutions
Cable Design - Twisted-Pair and Star-Quad
With a twisted pair, the conductors are twisted directly around each other. The greatest advantage of a twisted pair is that they mutually, and almost completely, cancel out the influence of external fields that might induce a voltage difference between both conductors. These properties are of particular interest from the point of view of electromagnetic compatibility (EMC).
Star-Quad – Arrangement of Two Differential Pairs
The RosenbergerHSD® and RosenbergerHSD®+2, +4, +8 power variants has been developed consistently for "star-quad" cables with star-shaped stranding of pairs of twins. In this case, the four individual conductors are stranded directly in consideration of the symmetry of the star-shaped cross-sectional configuration, this allows a simpler and more cost-effective production, a smaller outer diameter and the possibility of an automated assembly process.
Twisted-Pair - Just One Data Pair
The RosenbergerHSD®t variants are available in two versions to suit shielded (STP) as well as unshielded (UTP) twisted pair cables.
- Impedance 100 Ohm
- Interface and specification according RosenbergerHSD®
- Frequency range DC up to 6 GHz (RosenbergerHSD®, +2, +4, +8)
- Frequency range DC up to 1 GHz (RosenbergerHSD®t)
- High data rates up to 8 Gbps
- Temperature range from -40 °C to +105 °C
- Mating cycles ≥ 25
- Mating cycles waterproof ≥ 5
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
- Different mechanical and colored codings and one neutral coding
- Primary and secondary lock
- High cable retention force
- Stamped parts on separate coils (center contact, support sleeve, connector head plug)
- Layout recommendations on request
- RosenbergerHSD® and variants fulfill the demanding requirements of the automotive industry
- Prevents misuse due to secure coding system
- Primary and secondary locking systems lead to high assembling security
- Reliable and durable
- Multiple housings for space savings and for quick plug-in operations
- Stamped and formed variants (SF) for process-safe, fully automated assembly and significant cost reductions
- No contact pin damage possible
On request, Rosenberger will provide layout recommendations of PCB connectors (footprints) for your specific board stack-up. Please contact the Rosenberger team in order to get an optimized footprint for your application.
Our layout recommendations are optimized regarding signal integrity with the help of 3D FEM simulations. Therefore, skew due to e.g. length differences of the signal pins, which is generated through the use of right angle connectors, is directly compensated by the footprint. Furthermore, we are able to give recommendations for the entire signal path on the board between PCB connector and PHY including coupling capacitors, ESD diodes, common-mode chokes, etc.
- Automotive electronics
- Telecom industries, e.g. radio base stations
- Digital infotainment electronics
- Digital symmetrical networks
- USB 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
- LVDS (Low Voltage Differential Signal)
- Ethernet (IEEE 802.3)
- Firewire (IEEE 1394)
- APIX® (digital serial link for display and camera point-to-point applications)
- CAN (Controller Area Network)
- MHL™ (Mobile High-Definition Link)
RosenbergerHSD® Series Code D4
RosenbergerHSD®+ Series Code 99
RosenbergerHSD®t Series Code D2