Rosenberger introduces Multiport Mini-SMP cable assemblies and PCB connectors which can be mounted solderless on printed circuit boards. The PCB connectors offer superior signal integrity for all kinds of printed circuit boards and can be connected with Mini-SMP – RPC-2.92 cable assemblies for frequencies DC to 40 GHz, or with Mini-SMP – RPC-1.85 cable assemblies for frequencies up to 65 GHz. The system is available with 8 or 16 channels.
The Multiport Mini-SMP system is very cost-effective – designed solderless, easy to assemble by using screws, reusable (high number of mating cycles), low abrasion, damage-free connection.
Challenging test & measurement applications are semiconductor test equipment testing, system testing or applications where the DUT changes frequently.
- Multiport Mini-SMP PCB connectors (8 or 16 channels)
- Multiport Mini-SMP - RPC-2.92 cable assemblies up to 40 GHz
- Multiport Mini-SMP - RPC-1.85 cable assemblies up to 65 GHz
- Different cable lengths available
The Solderless System – Cost-Effective
The Multiport Mini-SMP system is engineered solderless – all devices can be easily mounted by using screws: the PCB connectors to the PCB board as well as the cable assemblies to the PCB connectors.
The screw-transition to the PCB board avoids signal distortion and has a lot of advantages:
- Reliable and reusable
- High number of mating cycles
- Damage-free connection
- Low abrasion
- Compatible with standard Mini-SMP interface (smooth bore)
The result is a high-performance and very cost-effective system for test & measurement applications.
- Impedance 50 Ω
- Interface according to Rosenberger Mini-SMP
- Frequency range DC to 40 GHz and DC to 65 GHz
- Return loss RPC-2.92 ≥ 14 dB @ DC - 40 GHz
- Return loss RPC-1.85 ≥ 10 dB @ DC - 65 GHz
- Mating cycles ≥ 1000
- 8 and 16 channels
- Very high packing density – small dimensions
- Excellent signal integrity
- High electrical and mechanical stability
- Very flexible cables
- Cable assemblies: phase matched by pairs
- Easy to handle, repairable
- The Multiport Mini-SMP connector system can be used for challenging test & measurement applications, especially for frequencies up to 40 GHz / 65 GHz:
- Semiconductor test equipment
- Bench-top measurement instrumentation
- System testing
- Applications where the DUT changes frequently
Rosenberger Series Code MC18